Pediatrics Advisory Council
The Pediatrics Advisory Council provides strategic guidance to NHPCO related to pediatric hospice and palliative care. It is comprised of members from NHPCO’s Children’s Project on Palliative/Hospice Services (ChiPPS). Activities include: ChiPPS quarterly E-Journal, Pediatric Hospice and Palliative Care educational offerings, Pediatric Standards of Care for Hospice Programs and other pediatric resource development initiatives.
Expectations of Council Service
NHPCO Council members are expected to:
- Participate actively in a majority of council meetings/functions. Most NHPCO councils meet by teleconference, and many meet monthly.
- Meet deadlines agreed upon by the council. Council work may include drafting materials for monographs, surveys, position papers, articles, etc.
- Present/participate in educational sessions and forums.
- Work with the NHPCO staff and Council Chair to complete the council's work plan. Each year the councils agree to work on major projects over the year according to the priorities for the organization.
- Notify the staff liaison of changes in contact information.
- Council members are strongly encouraged to attend NHPCO events; however it is the member’s responsibility to assume any related travel expenses.
If you are interested in serving on this Advisory Council, complete and return this document as instructed. Your application will be forwarded to the Council Chair for review; you will be contacted by a member of the NHPCO regarding your application status.
Sarah Meltzer, Senior Manager, Access Programs