Committees and Councils
- Governance Committee - To implement the mechanism for soliciting nominations from the voting membership; to review the election process to determine that the process conforms to the Bylaws and NHPCO policies and procedures; and, to develop a slate of geographic area, national and palliative care directors.
- Professional Education Committee - To focus on advancing NHPCO’s educational offerings, including national conferences, varied learning modalities and educational resources for skill development and advancement of NHPCO goals.
- Public Policy Committee - To coordinate and review the public policy activities of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Quality & Standards Committee - To promote quality end-of-life care through NHPCO’s Quality Partners program and to develop standards and practice guidelines by which hospice and palliative care are delivered.
- Regulatory Committee - To coordinate and review the regulatory activities of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Research and Data Interpretation Committee - To advance research for NHPCO and to support research related to hospice and palliative care.
- Council of States - is a forum of leaders that promotes and enhances quality end-of-life care through state and national activities in cooperation and collaboration with NHPCO.
- Ethics Advisory Council - To identify, clarify, and address clinical and organizational ethical issues which arise in hospice and/or palliative care.
National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professionals(NCHPP) – NCHPP is the individual membership within NHPCO. Fifteen discipline-specific NCHPP sections support professionals and volunteers resources, education, and networking opportunities.
- NCHPP Steering Committee Application Information
- National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professionals Executive Committee (PDF roster) – Serves as the leadership for the sections of NCHPP.