NHPCO Creative Arts Contest
2012 NHPCO Creative Arts Contest
2012 Theme: Diversity
Submissions for the 2012 NHPCO Creative Arts Contest are now being accepted from NHPCO members. We are looking for entries that reinforce the face of diversity within the hospice and palliative care community. This can include diversity of those we serve, diversity within our organizations, through community outreach, and diversity reflected in social media efforts. Please feel free to share what diversity means in your organization!
New this year, NHPCO will be sharing select submissions via the NHPCO_news Twitter feed to help raise awareness of the work of our members.
Download the rules and the official submission form (Word)
General Rules of Participation
• Entries should reflect diversity. Specific examples are best left to you, our members, but we hope to see reflections of diversity in your programs, those you care for, and within your organization and community.
• Categories in the 2012 Contest are photography and social media videos.
• Photographs taken by staff, volunteers, or photographers working for an NHPCO member-organization or by an individual NCHPP member may be submitted in one of these categories:
Patients and/or Family Caregivers – this includes all ages; staff may also be pictured but the focus of the photograph should be the patient of family member.
Staff and Volunteers – this may also include other individuals but the focus of the photograph should be your staff and/or volunteers in action.
Nature/Abstract – creatively show what diversity means to you using an abstract image or nature.
• Photos may be color or black & white and should be submitted electronically in .jpg or .gif format with a minimum 300 dpi.
• Each entry must be accompanied by a contest submission form (see page 3), and a release form signed by any individuals depicted (see sample form on page 4).
• An optional brief description (1-2 paragraphs) explaining the content/circumstances of the photograph, and why the image reflects this year’s theme may be submitted. A thoughtful statement may help the judges make their decisions.
• Judges may move a photo to a more appropriate category if they feel it is warranted.
Social Media Videos
• Submissions of a single online video posted on a website or other social media site that reflects this year’s contest theme are being accepted from members.
• The URL for the video is part of the contest submission form.
• Videos should be no longer than 10 minutes maximum length.
• The submitting organization must have ownership or permission to use this video.
• All entries must be submitted by email between May 29, 2012 – June 30, 2012.
• NHPCO will share select submissions via the NHPCO_news Twitter feed to help draw attention to your program’s efforts. These tweets would include the hash tags #hospice and #NHPCOarts.
• A Submission Form for the 2012 NHPCO Creative Arts Contest must accompany all entries.
• Submissions may be created by staff, volunteers, or others working on behalf of a current NHPCO member organization, however, all entries must be submitted by the current NHPCO member – third party submissions will not be accepted. (Any membership level may enter.)
• Photo depicting people must be accompanied by a release form.
• NHPCO reserves the right to use any entry in materials produced by the organization or our affiliates (NHF, FHSSA, HAN). In addition, submissions may be used for internal or retail purposes for education and promotion. Please note: the original artist, writer, creator does not give up his/her rights to any submission—it simply means NHPCO and its affiliates can use any submissions as it sees fit.
Send entries as attachments or links to: email@example.com.
(If unable to send submission form and release via email, those may be faxed to 703-837-1233 clearly indicating that a photo or video link has been emailed separately.)
• Winners will be notified by email the last week of August 2012.
• Winning entries will be shared at the November CTC in Orlando. Winning submissions will be featured in a PDF that will be posted online, promoted in NHPCO’s weekly NewsBriefs, and featured in the December 2012 issue of NewsLine.
•The first-place winner in each category will receive a $50 gift card for use in the NHPCO Marketplace. Second-place winners will receive a $25 Marketplace gift card.
• Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NHPCO is proud to share the winners of the 2011 Creative Arts Contest.