NHPCO Board of Directors Call for Nominations
The vitality of our national organization rests on the strength of the leaders we select. This is a very important responsibility, requiring active membership support in identifying and encouraging strong leaders to seek board service.
This fall the NHPCO members will select five members of the board of directors.
- The Central Plains Geographic Area Director,
- The Southeast Geographic Area Director, and
- Three National Directors.
Nominations for these seats must be made by Friday, June 1, 2012. Balloting for these seats will occur in October and November of this year. Individuals elected in this cycle will be seated at the January 2013 board of directors meeting. All seats carry three-year terms.
The links below offer a comprehensive set of material regarding the nomination process. Anyone seeking nomination or making a nomination should thoroughly review this information.
2012 Call for Nominations Materials:
- Nominee Instructions
- Nominee Checklist
- Nominee Questionnaire (Word)
- Background Check Release Form (pdf)
- Position Descriptions for a National and Geographic Area Directors
- Statement of the Characteristics sought by the Governance Committee
- Sample Nomination Letters for National and Geographic Area Directors (Word)
- Sample Endorsement Letter (Word)
- Sample Campaign Statements (pdf)
- Call for Nominations Announcement
- NHPCO Geographic Area Map (pdf)
- Campaign Guidelines for the NHPCO Board Of Directors Elections
- Governance Committee Roster
- NHPCO's Bylaws as amended August 2009 (pdf)
The Governance Committee and the NHPCO Board of Directors seek to eliminate perceptions or misunderstandings about board service that may dissuade NHPCO members from pursuing nomination. Current NHPCO board members are available to answer questions about board service. View roster of available board members.
To allay concerns about the financial burdens of board service the board and the committee wish to inform interested members that, if needed, reimbursement is available for board members’ travel expenses to NHPCO board meetings.