The primary objectives of the Council are to expand our reach, listen to and engage the corporate/foundation world and identify external corporate and/or foundation sources for financial and in-kind support for the National Hospice Foundation.
Staff Contact: Sarah Meltzer, 703-837-3149
Expectations of Council
Time Commitment: Approximately 6 meetings a year (a combination of phone an in-person associated with NHPCO conferences). Council members are expected to participate actively in a majority of Council meetings. Materials should be read prior to the next meeting. Council members are asked to notify the Staff Liaison if they will not be available for a conference call or meeting.
General Committee Member Expectations:
- Provide leadership and advance philanthropic opportunities for care at the end of life.
- Engage Board of Directors members to increase development opportunities and outcomes.
- Facilitate partnership development to advance philanthropic opportunities with provider and professional members.
- Engage key leaders from NHPCO, and all affiliates to partner with NHF in generating resources to support designated programs and activities.
- Identify external corporate and/or foundation sources for financial and in-kind support
- Assist in recruiting and cultivating corporate supporters
- Serve as a link between the organization and the prospective donor community
- Coordinate efforts with other Foundation Councils as appropriate
- Suggest new individuals for Council membership