Global Partners In Care Advisory Council
Global Partners in Care Advisory Council provides strategic guidance for international partnership development and financial support for Global Partners in Care (formerly FHSSA) to improve access to hospice and palliative care worldwide.
Sarah Meltzer, Vice President, Philanthropy
Time Commitment: Council meetings are held every other month with a combination of phone and in-person associated with NHPCO conferences.
General Committee Member Expectations:
- Participate actively in a majority of council meetings/functions. Meeting materials should be reviewed prior to each meeting.
- Facilitate international partnership development with provider and professional members.
- Identify philanthropic opportunities and sources re: international hospice and palliative care.
- Engage key leaders from hospice and palliative care providers across the country to generate resources to support international partnerships, programs and activities.
- Suggest new individuals for Council membership
- Present/participate in educational sessions and forums as appropriate.
- Identify external sources for financial and in-kind support
- Coordinate efforts with other Foundation Councils as appropriate
- Provide guidance re: Global Partners in Care’s annual work plan.
- Attendance of Global Partners in Care events and in-person meetings is strongly encouraged; and it is the council member’s responsibility to assume any related travel expenses.
- Notify the staff liaison of changes in contact information and/or if not available to attend any meeting.