2012 Volunteer Leadership Virtual Conference
The 2012 Volunteer Leadership Virtual Conference: Ignite the Future
July 30 - August 3, 2012
Volunteers are more than a regulatory requirement; they are an integral part of the hospice team, providing valuable resources to your organization. The Volunteer Leadership Virtual Conference is designed to teach new and experienced volunteer leaders how to best recruit, support and engage your volunteers to ensure the maximum benefit to patients/families and your entire organization.
Research has shown that increased volunteer involvement raises family caregivers’ satisfaction with a hospice program and results in higher ratings of excellence. We share this article from the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management.
The 2012 Volunteer Leadership Virtual Conference: Ignite the Future will enable volunteer leaders, managers and volunteers to:
- Develop new understandings about today’s volunteers; what drives them and how to leverage that motivation;
- Distinguish innovative approaches and strengthen competencies in volunteer leadership and management and in volunteers themselves;
- Collect effective approaches and models for engaging, developing and retaining volunteers;
- Identify quality assessment and performance improvement approaches;
- Discuss creative services and approaches to volunteerism in hospice and palliative care;
- Implement strategies designed to grow and improve volunteers’ experiences and organizational utilization of volunteer services;
- Collaborate with community stakeholders to further their organization’s mission;
- Advance volunteers’ knowledge and skills in providing quality services to their organizations; and
- Create networking relationships with other hospice and palliative care professionals and volunteers.
The conference agenda provides an overview of the content for this exciting five day online event.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday are geared toward volunteer leaders as well as those who utilize and rely upon volunteers.
- Thursday, August 2nd is designed specifically for your volunteers and includes a Volunteer Day Facilitator Guide to help you create a comprehensive day of learning and support for your volunteers.
This online event will offer all the benefits of an in-person conference without the added time and expense of travel:
- Live-broadcast plenary sessions featuring national speakers
- Specific sessions for both new and seasoned volunteer leaders/managers
- An entire day designed specifically for volunteers, affording them the opportunity to enhance their skills and participate in a national hospice event
- The Volunteer Day Facilitator Guide including questions and prompts to continue discussions among your volunteers after the formal presentations end
- IGNITE! Sessions focused on a single, simple and innovative strategy or and approach
- Real-time networking in easy-to-use chat rooms
- Time with exhibitors in a virtual exhibit hall
Benefits of a Virtual Event
- Registration fees are based on program size, making this event affordable to programs of all sizes!
- Sessions delivered in an interactive format that allows you to ask questions, make comments and engage with other participants across the country
- All sessions will be recorded and available to you for up to 3 months after the live conference
- Flexibility in where and how you and your teams access the conference sessions
- Register one site and gather everyone together in one place or
- Purchase additional sites and have groups participate in separate locations or offices or
Purchase sites and allow staff or volunteers to access the conference at home or from their office
- An entire day of content devoted to volunteers which you can host in one location OR register additional sites so that volunteers can participate from home or office
- No travel expenses
- No time away from the office
- Pay one fee to educate as many people as you want to in one site and register additional sites at a lower rate
Who Should Attend?
This online educational program is exclusively focused on the art and science of hospice volunteerism. The VVC is being created by leaders in hospice volunteerism and is geared toward:
- Volunteer leaders, managers and coordinators
- Community outreach staff
- Interdisciplinary team members
- Development and outreach personnel
- And others committed to caring for those near the end of their lives and their families.
- Letter of Justification Template - Need to convince your supervisor on the benefits of attending the VLVC? Use the Letter of Justification Template to communicate the benefits of attending the VLVC.