EPEC's Professional Development Workshop
This workshop is for participants who want to further enhance their teaching and leadership skills. The Professional Development Workshop (PDW) uses examples from the disciplines of palliative care and patient safety, and is a required course for participants interested in becoming Master Facilitators.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- describe adult learning theory and recognize how clinicians learn.
- practice a variety of effective presentation and teaching methods.
- improve leadership and group process skills.
- apply phases of clinical practice improvement projects.
- demonstrate the skills of team building, systems research, and advocacy.