Hospice Executive Leadership Program
As the hospice and palliative care movement enters into its fourth decade, new challenges are emerging. Many of the founding leaders are moving toward retirement. To ensure that current and future executives and emerging leaders are prepared to lead their programs into the future, NHPCO has developed an Executive Leadership Program. This program embraces and upholds the values that provided a solid foundation for the growth of development of hospice and palliative care in the past, and that ensure values-based leadership for the future.
The Executive Leadership Program will expand and develop to meet the needs of future leaders as challenges and changes present themselves to the industry. Presently, the Executive Leadership Program includes:
- Leadership Assessments
- Leadership Coaching Services - NHPCO's program designed for those who want to increase their leadership skills.
- Executive Mentoring Project (Sponsored by the National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professions’ CEO/Executive Director/President Section) (PDF)
- “Which to Choose – A Coach or a Mentor?” (June 18, 2010 Issue of ASTD - links used with permission from ASTD)
- Recommended Books for Executive Leadership (PDF)
- Executive Leadership track of preconference, plenary, concurrent and workshop sessions at NHPCO’s Management and Leadership Conference.