Provider Members (Hospice and Palliative Care)
Benefits, conference registration, Marketplace orders and more! Our Solutions Center Team can be reached via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. EST Monday through Friday at 800/646-6460.
The Value of Your Membership
- Hospice Advocacy
- Regulatory and Compliance Assistance
- Performance Measures and Benchmarking
- Find A Hospice and Palliative Care Provider
- Hospice and Palliative Care Resources
- National Council of Hospice and Palliative Care Professionals (NCHPP)
NHPCO’s affiliate organization, the Hospice Action Network represents the collective voice of hospice and palliative care providers, professionals, volunteers, caregivers, patients and families on Capitol Hill and before regulatory agencies such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Full representation of the entire hospice and palliative care community, delivering strong, consistent messages on Capitol Hill.
- Ongoing support of initiatives for rate protection, cap reformulation, advance care planning, concurrent care, palliative care consultations, outlier payments and more opportunities to increase access to the best end-of-life care.
- Close monitoring of legislation affecting end-of-life care and engagement with key stakeholders.
- The NHPCO Legislative Action Center, an online advocacy tool that connects Hospice Advocates with their elected officials and allows for up-to-the-minute updates between Capitol Hill and the hospice community. A Public Policy Team available to lead advocacy training sessions at both state and individual provider levels.
- The Advocacy Intensive is a free, two day member event in Washington DC, focusing on congressional meetings, and best practices in Hospice Advocacy and Public Policy. This unique event is geared toward telling Congress the very best hospice stories. It is a cornerstone of the grassroots program at NHPCO and the Hospice Action Network.
For more information about Advocacy, visit www.nhpco.org/advocacy
Only members have the opportunity to receive referrals directly from NHPCO via the HelpLine (800/658-8898) and Web site. As a provider member, your program is included in the “Find A Provider” search on NHPCO’s Web site and the electronic membership directory.
Our Regulatory and Compliance team offers members assistance in planning, reimbursement, fundraising, regulations, training, research, hospice and palliative care management, nursing home care and managed care.
- Response to your day-to-day needs, and monitoring trends in the hospice community that will help guide the development of future resource materials.
- Technology-based tools and guides that facilitate daily hospice operations.
- Ongoing compliance resource materials, such as information on specific diseases, their admission criteria, and information on competencies for staff in providing care for patients with that diagnosis.
- Work with the National Quality Forum regarding best practices for hospice and palliative care and its applicability to hospice and palliative care providers.
For more information about NHPCO Regulatory and Compliance, visit www.nhpco.org/regulatory
Our Research team collects data and provides analysis at the national level, organizing the results in various reporting formats to provide practical and important information. For example, the annual National Summary of Hospice Care includes information on hospice demographics, practices, and industry effectiveness that can be used by providers to define strategic goals, set operating targets, and monitor trends in hospice practice.
Research supports NHPCO’s Quality Initiative are valuable performance measurement tools to improve patient care quality and organizational results and can serve as the basis for QAPI compliance. NHPCO provides online data submission and reporting as a member benefit for all of its performance measures.
NHPCO Performance Measurement Tools
Tools for Evaluation of Care
- Patient Outcomes and Measures (POM)
- Family Evaluation of Bereavement Services (FEBS)
- Family Evaluation of Hospice Care (FEHC)
- Family Evaluation of Palliative Care (FEPC)
Organization and Program Evaluation Tools
For more information about the NHPCO Research department, visit www.nhpco.org/research.
Your virtual meet and greet social networking forum.
My.NHPCO encourages you to connect and share your expertise, learn from your peers, and participate in end-of-life care discussions through blogging, document and resource sharing, eGroups and much more.
For more information, visit My.NHPCO
Recruit your talented and Hospice and Palliative care professionals. For more information, visit http:// careers.nhpco.org