Bereavement Professional Section Leader
Diane Snyder Cowan, MA, MT-BC, CHPCA
Hospice of the Western Reserve, Inc
17876 Saint Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44119
- Mentoring Program for Bereavement Professionals – Bereavement Professionals seeking mentoring and guidance are matched with Bereavement Steering Committee members. Through email and personal telephone conversation the mentor and mentee work together focusing on specific issues identified at the beginning of the relationship. The relationship continues until a mutually agreed upon closing date is determined – usually a year or less once the relationship is established.
- Check out the December 2011 issue of Newsline where an article authored by two Bereavement Steering Committee members look at the bereavement needs of those individuals who have a developmental disability.
Bereavement Professional Activities:
- Bereavement Section Monthly Chats – Each month the bereavement section membership, under the facilitation of bereavement steering committee members, discuss topics that are pertinent to the delivery of hospice bereavement service. The chats are usually informative and vigorous in nature and offer the opportunity to interact with bereavement professionals across the country. The chats are held the 1st Wednesday of each month from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern time. Reminders of upcoming chats and contact information are sent 1 to 2 weeks prior to the date of the chat. For more information, contact the section leader.
- New to Bereavement Coordination Quarterly Chats – For those who are new to bereavement coordination, these quarterly chats offer the opportunity to discuss issues related to program development and structure. The chats occur on the 3rd Thursday of January, April, July, and October from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Eastern. Reminders of upcoming chats and contact information are sent approximately 1 week prior to the chat. For more information, contact the section leader.
- Click here to see this Section’s My.NHPCO activities
Bereavement Professional Section Steering Committee
Patti Anewalt, PhD, LPC, FT
Pathways Center for Grief & Loss, Hospice & Community Care
Mount Joy, PA
James Ellis, CT,EdD
Bereavement Care Coordinator
Hospice Care of St. Elizabeth Healthcare - Edgewood, KY
Ms. Robin Fiorelli, LCSW
Senior Director of Bereavement and Volunteers
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of San Diego - San Diego, CA
Sarah Layton, MSW, LCSW
Heartland Home Health Care and Hospice
St. Louis, MO
Joelle Osterhaus, LMSW
Hospice & Home Based Palliative Care Psychosocial Services Supervisor
Kaiser Permanente Continuing Care - Portland, OR
Mr. Daniel A. Speis
Coordinator of Grief Support Services
Hospice of the Panhandle – Martinsburg, WV
Wesley Sturgis, LCSW
Novant Health Hospice & Palliative Care - Charlotte, NC
For more information, contact the Section Leader.