The Future of End of Life Care
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Mary J Labyak Institute for Innovation presents
Creating the Hospice Palliative Care Continuum: A Futuring Forum January 22-24, 2013 The Westin Diplomat Hotel and Spa, Hollywood, FL
Registration Update: Initial registration is for CEOs of member organizations only – after January 3, the registration will open to the broader NHPCO membership. CEOs should register now to ensure a space in this special event.
Our system of caring for people in the last years of life is broken. People are still dying in pain, in the hospital and frequently beaten down by the suffering they have had to endure. Never have we seen such a bright light shone on the broken system of caring for those in the final year of life.
Creating the Hospice Palliative Care Continuum: A Futuring Forum is designed to create scalable, sustainable models and strategies for hospice-delivered care and care management to people living with a serious, chronic and/or life-limiting illness.
This highly participatory event is designed exclusively for hospice CEOs and space is extremely limited.
- Participants will listen to brief interactive discussions with leaders representing diverse sectors of our economy discuss the key elements of sustainable innovation.
- These discussions will serve as catalysts for the interactive, facilitated, small group sessions where participants will literally create the future.
- Graphic recording of each session will spark creativity and elicit essential elements of sustainable innovation.
- Participants will design delivery models, identify partners and outline business strategies for hospices to provide palliative and care management services to the nation’s chronically and seriously ill individuals and their family caregivers.
- NHPCO will synthesize the results and publish the digital video and graphic recordings, accompanied by specific recommendations for hospices ready to implement ideas generated at the Forum.
- The materials will be posted on the NHPCO website and shared at the April 2013 NHPCO Management and Leadership Conference.
The Forum is the inaugural event of the Mary J Labyak Institute for Innovation, an initiative of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. To learn more about the Institute, visit www.nhpco.org/innovation.
This event is exclusively for hospice CEOs and space is extremely limited.