Community Outreach Tools and Resources
The following materials are available for members to use in outreach, some are for specific events but most of them can be used and adapted throughout the year.
Outreach Materials for November:
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Month, November 2015. The theme this year is “Hospice. Helps. Everyone.” and materials are now available that include ads, a poster, social media and other graphics.
- Social Media Push - on Friday, November 6 we encourage all providers and supporters to take a hospice image/message out via social media.
Outreach Materials for Throughout the Year:
- Ad Slick Collection & Logos – high-resolution ad slicks (PDFs) in assorted sizes, including print-ready poster-sized that you can adapt and customize; these reflect the Moments of Life outreach theme and are not date or event specific.
- Article Collection – a selection of articles to be used or adapted for your needs for newsletters, websites, releases or other resources.
- "Five Ways Hospice Can Help" listicle article – an article with companion graphic images.
- PowerPoint Presentations – on hospice, palliative care and advance care planning; to be used or adapted for your community outreach efforts.
- Social Media - Celebrate by tweeting, posting and pinning pictures and graphics.
- Media Templates and Background Info – Suggested Word documents that members may customize and documents providing background information.
- PSA # 1 – “Moments of Life” – help with NHPCO’s national PSA outreach efforts.
- PSA #2 “Family Picnic” – use this PDF to help get broadcast time in your local community for our second PSA.
Specific Outreach Events
- National Volunteer Week - "Celebrating Volunteers" is the theme for Volunteer Week, April 10 – 16, 2016.
- National Healthcare Decisions Day – An annual national outreach event on April 16, NHDD raises awareness of advance care planning.
- World Hospice and Palliative Care Day – celebrate with NHPCO on October 10, 2015 by helping dispel the myths about hospice palliative care, online and in social media!
- Veterans Day Social Media Resources – November 11, a day to raise awareness of the way we honor our veterans.
- Pain Awareness Month – providers may want to do outreach in September during Pain Awareness Month. NHPCO’s CaringInfo offers LIVE without Pain campaign materials.
- Hospice Sabbath – a suggested service, ideas, and readings for a non-denominational service of remembrance, often hosted during National Hospice and Palliative Care Month in November.
Outreach Planning Info:
- Introduction to Outreach – this is an overview and introduction to the new collection of outreach materials
- Outreach Webinar - Listen to our archived webinar talking about Moments of Life and our new outreach materials (recording available for a limited time).
- Event Planning Guide and an Event Checklist – to help prepare and organize events.
- 2016 Health Observance Dates
- Suggested Talking Points – a collection of talking points on issues of relevance that have been in the media.
- Media Relations Tips – some basic guidance for working with the media.
- Crisis Communications Planning: A Guide for Providers – This guide offers members some helpful communications tips when dealing with a crisis and in planning before a crisis hits.
- Member Logos - versions of the NHPCO logo especially designed for members use on their own materials and website.
- Advance Care Planning Awareness Ribbon – visit CaringInfo to learn about this campaign.
- CaringInfo website – offers educational resources for consumers and non-members in need of outreach materials.