- NewsBriefs This is NHPCO’s weekly e-newsletter. Distributed every Thursday, it provides a snapshot of the relevant news, resources, and news clips from the current week, with links for further reading.
- NewsLine This is NHPCO’s digital magazine for members. It features articles by leading experts and practitioners on various aspects of hospice palliative care, plus information on helpful resources, member news, and more. Visit NewsLine to see current/past issues as well as information on advertising.
Hospice and Palliative Care Buyer’s Guide The Hospice and Palliative Care Buyer’s Guide is a new digital publication listing organizations by service category, that supply goods or services to hospice and palliative care professionals.
Journal of Pain and Symptom Management This is NHPCO’s official, peer-reviewed journal, providing results of important new research and clinical information related to pain management and palliative care. It is published monthly by the leading health and science publisher, Elsevier, with readership that extends to the broader medical community. Some articles are made available to NHPCO members, free of charge; however, members may subscribe to JPSM—and receive all 12 issues—at greatly reduced rates.
- Download a JPSM Subscription Form
- NHPCO also publishes these e-newsletters, with more targeted content: Regulatory Round-Up, summarizing recent regulatory and compliance issues and changes; and the ChiPPS Pediatric Palliative Care Journal, providing guidance within this very specialized area of practice from authorities in the field.
NHPCO Position Statements and Ethical Positions
Position statements are available on the following topics:
- Position Hospice and Palliative Care: Ethical Marketing Practices (June 2011)
- Artificial Nutrition and Hydration Narrative and Statement (PDF) Revised statement from NHPCO board issued September 2010.
- NHPCO Position Statement and Commentary on the Use of Palliative Sedation in Imminently Dying Terminally Ill Patients - (May 2010)
- Position Statement and Call to Action on Access to Palliative Care in Critical Care Settings (PDF)
- The Care of Hospice Patients with Automatic Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (PDF)
- Physician Assisted Suicide Narrative and Resolution (PDF)
- NHPCO Code of Ethics (PDF)Ethical statements on this page include "NHPCO's Ethical Principles" and the "Preamble to the Standards of Practice"
- Caring Connections - NHPCO's consumer engagement Web site, www.caringinfo.org
- National Hospice Foundation
- NHPCO Public Policy Resources
- NHPCO Access and Inclusion Resources
- NHPCO Press Center
- Emergency Preparedness Resources
- 2016 Calendar of National Observances
News to Share with NHPCO?
Members that have a press release, organizational news, or a newsclip of interest that they would like to share with NHPCO, should send these to:
Jon Radulovic, Vice President of Communications
1731 King Street, Suite 100
Alexandria, VA 22314
Having trouble viewing PDF documents? These documents can be viewed by using Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download a free copy, click on the icon below: