The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) exists to
- promote the mission, vision and standards of the Hospice and Palliative Care community,
- promote compassionate and high quality care for the terminally ill and their families among the general public and professions;
- act as a resource serving the people involved in, committed to, and providing service within the same mission, vision and standards of care;
- provide educational programs and technical assistance;
- influence health program and public policies relative to end of life care and the needs of the terminally ill and their families;
The NHPCO Governance Committee recruits and selects nominees for election to the Board of Directors from qualified voting members who are committed to NHPCO’s mission and to advancing NHPCO’s Strategic Plan.