Care of the Dying
This course will provide an overview of care of the dying, the growth of palliative and hospice care services and common practices in end of life care in the United States.
*This is a beginner level course intended for nurses, physicians and other direct care staff.
- Discuss and define terminal illness, declining health, the dying process and death
- Describe hospice and palliative care services and standards of care
- Discuss health care providers’ role and responsibilities in the care of the dying
- Identify common practices in the care of the dying
- List common challenges in the care of the dying
Nurse: TCG Media, LLC is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 1.0 contact hours applicable for RN, LPN, LMHT re-licensure. Kansas Board of Nursing Provider Number: LT0270-0111.
In order to complete this online activity, and/or obtain CE/CME credit, participants must view the course in its entirety, correctly answer all case studies and quiz/test questions (as appropriate) and complete the evaluation. You will have access to the course for 90 days from the date of purchase.