Call for Proposals
2020 Leadership and Advocacy Conference
Education Programs and Preconference Seminars: March 23 – 24
Main Conference: March 25 – 27
Gaylord National Resort | National Harbor, MD
Proposal Submission Deadline: August 7, 2019
Proposal Notification: November 2019
“Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable.”
NHPCO’s 2020 Leadership and Advocacy Conference (LAC) will highlight opportunities to initiate change, lead innovation, approach challenges creatively and seek continuous improvement in hospice and palliative care. You are invited to be a part of the conference. This is your opportunity to propose an idea for an education or discussion session and to help build the conference content.
Reach executive leaders and managers at all levels of hospice and palliative care at this conference, including presidents and CEOs, administrators, directors, clinical managers, finance and development professionals, quality and performance improvement professionals, regulatory and compliance officers, marketing and public relations professionals, educators, researchers and other leaders working to promote advancement of hospice and palliative care and plan its future development.
The Conference Planning Committee seeks proposals designed to advance the knowledge, competence and performance of hospice and palliative care leadership and management professionals that addresses one or more of the conference areas of interest and learning outcomes listed below.
Areas of Emphasis and Learning Outcomes
Identify opportunities for influential and successful advocacy
- Clinical and Operations Management
Describe effective organizational systems, processes and management approaches (clinical and operational)
- Emerging Markets and Partnership Opportunities
Identify emerging markets and potential partnering opportunities for hospice and palliative care program expansion
- Engagement and Marketing
Discuss innovative approaches in engagement and marketing to increase access to care and advance the development of hospice and palliative care
Describe financial management challenges and implement effective solutions
- Fund Development
Highlight successful fund development approaches and strategies
Distinguish leadership and management skills to lead hospice and palliative care programs
- Palliative Care
Illustrate emerging and established community-based palliative care programs
Discuss quality requirements, assessment and improvement practices
Employ strategies to respond to changes and challenges in the regulatory arena
- Staff Development/Excellence
Formulate practices to promote staff development and excellence in performance
New for 2019
- Discussion Session option – Submit a proposal to lead a highly interactive discussion session focused on a current topic or issue. Discussion leaders open the discussion to set the context, encourage participants to share their perspectives and then provide a summary and closure to the session.
- Innovation Question – Explain why you consider this education session or discussion unique or innovative.
- Strategic Impact Question – Provide details on how your initiative, project or discussion advances and aligns with the organization’s strategic plan.
Designing your proposal – Before you submit your proposal, please review the following:
- Submission Outline
- Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Proposal Notifications and Selection Criteria
- Glossary of Terms