The Conference is designed for professionals in the hospice and palliative care field and related stakeholders in the following disciplines and roles: nurses and advanced nurse practitioners, bereavement, palliative care, pediatrics, physician, quality, regulatory and compliance, social work, spiritual care.
The Interdisciplinary Conference will provide a robust educational program that enables hospice and palliative care professionals to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Discuss successes and new models of community-based palliative care programs;
- Lead and enhance the practice of interdisciplinary teams;
- Practice evidence-based, ethical, effective and efficient medical care;
- Describe best practices in collaborative, interdisciplinary care for pediatric patients;
- Share key strategies within the health care team that can be used to assess and improve quality programs and practices;
- Identify hospice compliance and regulatory requirements;
- Employ advanced approaches in psychosocial, spiritual and bereavement care.
- Identify emerging issues and be aware of their potential impact on patient and staff outcomes.