Hispanic Heritage Month
Hispanic Heritage Month runs each year from September 15 through October 15 and celebrates the histories, cultures, and contributions of Americans whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and South America. This year, NHPCO is recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month by sharing new and existing resources for our members and the broader hospice and palliative care community to learn about hospice utilization among Spanish-speaking and Latino Americans, as well as offer ways for providers to improve access to high-quality hospice and palliative care. We hope you learn from these resources, and that they help equip you with the tools you need to act within your organization and community.
NHPCO Resources and Guides
- Project ECHO Equity Where It Matters: “Breaking Down Language Barriers to Build Connections with Patients” – Session recording
- Hospice Through the DEI Lens – Member | Non-member
- Descargar Kit de Herramientas de Inclusión y Acceso (Spanish-language version of Inclusion and Access Toolkit) – Member | Non-member
- Inclusion and Access Toolkit – Member | Non-member
- Latino Outreach Guide – Member | Non-member
- 2022 Facts and Figures
CaringInfo – Consumer Resources
.Support NHPCO’s Diversity Advisory Council and DEIB Initiatives
Donate to National Hospice Foundation’s Diversity Fund, the fund that supported the research that produced Part I of the Hospice Through the DEI Lens Report in 2022. NHPCO’s Diversity Advisory Council seeks to complete Part II of this research, and your donation will directly support this work.