Lead Data Science & Support Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Director of Decision Support, the Lead Data Science and Support Analyst will work with leadership to support, execute, and evolve NHPCO’s analytics strategy to include identifying, onboarding, and optimizing data; support creation of analytical reports, models, and dashboards to drive insights; and support projects and platforms to help optimize the association’s membership, support industry research and advocacy analysis, and operations.
Please note that position level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Essential duties include the following:
- Supports automation, creation, and optimization of subject area data sets and queries used across the organization.
- Works with users to define requirements and create new reports and dashboards using the latest Data Visualization, ETL, and SQL Tools.
- Supports analytic and database management platforms and activities that include NetForum on MS SQL Server, Digital Survey Activities using Qualtrics (Research Core Module), and reporting using Tableau, SSRS, and SQL.
- Helps manage and support ad-hoc analytic and data projects executed internally or with external partners as assigned.
- Summarizes insights and assists with the creation of member analytic publications to drive greater member value through analytic offerings.
- Assists employees with promoting self-service BI activities, including creation of supporting new data sources and use of new reporting tools (Tableau).
- Develops and/or maintains analytic models as required to support prescriptive and/or other advanced analytics as required.
Competencies for this position include the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex data related principles and interpretation of results for audiences of varying levels of knowledge and experience.
- Ability to manage time against multiple tasks and projects against tight deadlines without direct supervision.
- Ability to detect problems, recognize important information, and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details.
- Ability to actively listen to others’ concerns with a willingness to find solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Ability to contribute meaningful and innovative ideas and work productively with other team members as well as on independent assignments.
- Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to support NHPCO’s mission to advance person-centered care.
Bachelor’s degree required in data science (or related analytics/math degree) management information systems, or computer science with five to seven years’ experience in analytics and/or data management/engineering. Statistical and/or Analytics background deriving insights and/or making recommendations on next steps or refining the analytic questions is desired. Analytics or research consulting background is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have at least two years of experience working with Tableau and/or PowerBI creating dashboards or performing ad-hoc analysis on complex datasets. The desired candidate should also:
- Be comfortable working with government provided research data (CMS, CAHPS, PUF, Cost Reports, POS Files, etc.) and using Qualtrics or other Survey platforms is desired.
- Be comfortable working with mixed-data environments using normalized/de-normalized data sources within Analytics and Reporting. Key areas of focus include:
- Intermediate to advanced level SQL Skills to include writing and optimizing SQL select/update/insert queries, views, and stored procedures.
- Experience integrating data from multiple sources and with creating, updating, and maintaining Analytic Marts and other analytics data within a relational database.
- Prior experience using analytic ETL and/or data wrangling tools like Alteryx, SSIS, Tableau Prep, Python, etc. is preferred.
- At least two years of experience with MS SQL Server, plus experience working with other cloud databases like BigQuery, MySQL, Snowflake, or Azure platforms.
- Prior exposure extrapolating data from Association based CRM Platforms like NetForum and other Marketing/Media Analytics platforms like Google Analytics, etc. is preferred.
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, conveniently located at the King St. Metro station in Alexandria, Virginia. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Lead Data Science & Support Analyst” in the subject line. Principals only / no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
NHPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization is the largest nonprofit membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States. Our mission is to lead and mobilize social change for improved care at the end of life, and we envision a world where individuals and families facing serious illness, death, and grief will experience the best that humankind can offer.