This role will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the organization, as well as on the phone with NHPCO members and the general public. He or she will split their time as the primary receptionist for the organization while providing exceptional customer service in the Solutions Center (call center) as solutions associate. Essential duties include the following:
- Serves as the initial organizational “presence” in person and on the phone for all organizations (NHPCO, NHF and HAN).
- Ensures all phone calls are answered and redirected accordingly. Retrieves, responds, and/or forwards voicemail messages left on main switchboard.
- Monitors and responds to all web-site inquiries delivered to all organizations’ general email inboxes.
- Directs informational requests to the appropriate department or staff person.
- Responds to and/or forwards all general inquiries sent via fax or email.
- Processes all incoming mail daily, which includes checks and invoices for various department.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing package deliveries by coordinating with couriers and/or shipping vendors to ensure timely pick-up/delivery.
- Maintains the professional appearance of the lobby and reception area at all times.
- Facilitates “welcome” signage by ensuring welcome signs are updated daily prior to guest arrival and removed once the guest has exited the premises.
- Facilitates security by ensuring that all guests check-in upon entering the building and sign-out upon exiting the building. Ensures the main and inner glass doors always remain closed and secure.
- Greets guests and announces their arrival to the appropriate staff. Ensures the comfort of guests while waiting in the reception area until escorted to their destination.
- Ensures the reception manual is updated as policies and procedures change as pertaining to the front desk operations.
- Provides assistance to staff with conference room scheduling.
- Partners and coordinates with colleagues for front desk relief coverage for breaks and other absences.
- Maintains the membership database, including entering and updating membership records.
- Processes new membership applications and member renewals.
- Assists with mailing acknowledgement letters to new and renewing members.
- Provides phone coverage in the Solutions Center. Answers members’ questions, including general membership information, conferences, membership status, and orders.
- Monitors and responds to the Solutions Center email inbox.
- Provides phone coverage for the Consumer InfoLine (general public). Answers questions regarding general information on hospice and palliative care as well as consumer brochures and advance directive forms.
- Performs outreach to NHPCO Members to ensure customer satisfaction, identify problems and provide solutions.
- Researches marketplace orders for members/customers.
- Invoices marketplace orders and coordinates with the fulfillment center to resolve any issues.
- Processes all refunds, including for membership, Marketplace, registrations, etc.
- Maintains and updates the Solutions Center’s procedure manuals.
- Creates and maintains online reference materials and tools for the Solutions Center team and for the overall organization.
- Processes registrations, payments, and cancellations for NHPCO meetings, conferences, webinars, and other educational events.
- Provides NHPCO attendees with needed registration confirmations, invoices, and other conference-related materials.
- Researches and resolves registration issues in an efficient and prompt manner.
- Assists with conference badge production.
- Monitors and responds to the conference email inbox.
- Ensures accurate data entry for all conference attendees.
- Assists with staffing at NHPCO conferences, as needed.
- Monitors the following email inboxes and responds to provider questions for the following surveys: the STAR survey, EGSS survey, and NDS survey
- Provides technical assistance to providers via telephone and email related to performance measure data collection and submission, including but not limited to, uploading provider employee roster information into the survey tool, creates the provider portal for the survey and troubleshoots survey problems on behalf of providers with the vendor, as needed.
- Performs other administrative duties for the Solutions Center and related areas, including maintaining member records, word processing, mailing, filing, faxing and other administrative tasks that may be assigned.
Competencies for this position include the following:
Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Punctual and customer service driven. Ability to complete data entry and other administrative functions with accuracy and efficiency. Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work as part of a team. Ability to follow directions, work independently, and display initiative is critical.
High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, along with one year of experience in a responsible administrative or customer service position. Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and experience in membership database maintenance.
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, conveniently located at King St. Metro in Alexandria, Virginia. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Solutions Associate” in the subject line. Principals only / no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
NHPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization is the largest nonprofit membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States. Our mission is to lead and mobilize social change for improved care at the end of life, and we envision a world where individuals and families facing serious illness, death, and grief will experience the best that humankind can offer.