Manager, State Association Services
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, this position will work collaboratively with NHPCO staff and contracted state-level Hospice and Palliative Care Associations, (the “customers”), to reach strategic and operating goals and objectives while creating economies of scale. She/he is responsible for the overall scope of services offered to state associations, to include: member services, database management and reporting, website management, the planning and execution of conferences and events, marketing and communication plans, as well as other administrative tasks. Essential duties include the following:
- Supports state associations in the achievement of their goals and mission.
- Seamlessly incorporates operations and services between NHPCO and state associations.
- Partners with association leadership and volunteers to provide first-rate customer service to association members.
- Manages membership databases, including the development of reports.
- Manages membership renewals for state organizations.
- Provides editorial and project management support to state associations for membership renewals and acquisition campaigns.
- Develops and executes coordinated marketing and promotion plans for state organizations, including conferences, education, membership, publications, advocacy, and consulting to meet revenue goals and increase brand awareness.
- Oversees social media strategies for state associations.
- Assists in the development of engaging and relevant content for marketing communications, including websites, e-blasts, e-newsletters, brochures, and direct mail campaigns.
- Coordinates with state organization website providers to create and edit website content.
- Reviews and executes contracts for state association conferences and events.
- Serves as event registrar for state association conferences and events.
- Coordinates onsite registration process and overall event logistics.
- Creates invoices and prepares receipts as requested, among other financial reporting duties.
- Prepares and executes project plans, timelines and budgets.
- Responds to inquiries via phone, email, fax and/or mail.
Competencies for this position include the following:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent activities.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of team and facilitate relationships to achieve common objectives among a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong decision-making skills based on established best practices.
- Knowledge of association management, member services and/or event-planning.
- Ability to work with a range of individuals (staff, members, external stakeholders).
- Knowledge of and expertise with social media and other digital marketing and communication areas.
Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s preferred, with a concentration in Business, Marketing, or a related field, along with three to five years of experience in non-profit, association, or professional services management, preferably in membership, marketing, event management, or administrative management. Experience or familiarity with healthcare or hospice is preferred. Computer/technical skills for this position include knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with an HTML editor (WordPress preferred), proficiency with email marketing software (such as Informz), and experience using CRM-type databases (netFORUM preferred). A fair amount of travel is required in this position.
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, conveniently located at King St. Metro in Alexandria, Virginia. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Manager, State Association Services” in the subject line. Principals only / no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
NHPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer