Strategic Partnerships Manager
The Strategic Partnerships Manager is responsible for proactively acquiring new business opportunities, fostering relationships with potential partners to explore long-term business opportunities and managing existing partnerships, conceptualizing strategies, negotiating business terms, achieving revenue goals, and collaborating on targeted communications strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Focus on acquiring new strategic partnerships and revenue streams through active networking
- Prospect actively for new business opportunities within the hospice, palliative and broader healthcare and technology spectrum
- Develop and implement strategies to market and sell partnerships outside of the current market structure
- “Cold Calling” to arrange meetings and presentations
- Develop and present detailed business proposals
- Negotiate contract terms and close deals
- Expand relationships with existing customers and partners, driving new revenue
- Meet or exceed revenue targets and other strategic goals
- Conceptualize new business models and creative approaches to increase non-dues revenue
- Monitor competitive landscape to identify new opportunities
- Attend events, conferences, and other meetings
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the hospice, healthcare and medical technologies field
- Proven success in closing deals and driving revenue through key relationships with key industry players and high-level companies
- Natural relationship builder
- Strong organizational skills with ability to organize workload and multiple priorities
- Poised business development veteran who performs well under pressure
- Results oriented with high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to think in innovative ways to find solutions to problem
- Exceptional communication skills-verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with a high level of response to all inquiries
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field required, along with at least five years of business development and/or corporate partnership experience; or an equivalent combination or education and experience. Other requirements include a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to travel by air and for extended periods (estimated at 10% of overall work time).
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, conveniently located at King St. Metro in Alexandria, Virginia. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please reference “Strategic Partnerships Manager” in the subject line. Principals only / no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
NHPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization is the largest nonprofit membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States. Our mission is to lead and mobilize social change for improved care at the end of life, and we envision a world where individuals and families facing serious illness, death, and grief will experience the best that humankind can offer.