Concurrent Care for Children
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) into law enacting a new provision, Section 2302, termed the “Concurrent Care for Children” Requirement (CCCR).
The District of Columbia Pediatric Palliative Care Collaborative (DCPPCC) and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) are pleased to provide the Concurrent Care for Children Implementation Toolkit, which details information on the options available to states implementing Section 2302 or are considering expansion of pediatric palliative care services to children living with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
View and Download
- Concurrent Care for Children Requirement Implementation Toolkit
- Appendix 1: Section 2302 SSA – Concurrent Care for Children
- Appendix 2: State Medicaid Directors’ Letter
- Appendix 3: PPACA Provider Questions and Answers from CMS
- Appendix 4: SPA and Waiver Options to Enhance Concurrent Care Programs
- Appendix 5: Medicaid Mandatory and Optional Services
- Appendix 6: Medicaid Mandatory and Major Optional Eligibility Groups
- Appendix 7: Medicaid Waiver Comparison of Major Features
- Appendix 8: Resources for State-Level Advocacy
- Appendix 9: Resources for Parents
- Appendix 10: Glossary
- Appendix 11: References