Pediatrics Professional Resources
The following resources are available from NHPCO for providers who offer pediatric hospice and palliative care services to children living with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Concurrent Care for Children Requirement– The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization is pleased to provide this Concurrent Care for Children Requirement: Updated Implementation Resource, which details information on the options available to states that are implementing Section 2302 or are considering expansion of pediatric palliative care services to children living with life-limiting (LL) or life-threatening conditions (LTC).
- NHPCO’s Standards of Practice for Pediatric Palliative Care and Hospice – Set clinical and organizational precedence for hospice and palliative care programs providing care to infants, children, adolescents, and their families in the home, hospital, and long-term care and respite facilities. NHPCO members may download the Pediatric Standards free-of-charge. Non-members may order a downloadable PDF from the NHPCO Marketplace by calling 1-800-646-6460.
- Palliative Care Resource Series – Download professional educational resources for hospice and palliative care professionals working with life-limiting illnesses.
- Pediatric Pain Assessment – Proper pain assessment is the cornerstone for proper pain treatment. Here are commonly used age and developmental stage specific guidelines for pediatric pain assessment.
- NHPCO’s Pediatric Facts and Figures – This 2015 version provides an overview of the landscape of pediatric palliative and hospice care for providers, policymakers, funders, and the media.
- NHPCO’s Marketplace – Search for books and technical materials for or about pediatrics/children by typing: “For children,” “Childhood,” or “Pediatrics” in the search area