Pediatrics Professional Resources
The following resources are available from NHPCO for providers who offer pediatric hospice and palliative care services to children living with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- NHPCO’s Standards of Practice for Pediatric Palliative Care and Hospice – Set clinical and organizational precedence for hospice and palliative care programs providing care to infants, children, adolescents, and their families in the home, hospital, and long-term care and respite facilities. NHPCO members may download the Pediatric Standards free-of-charge. Non-members may order a downloadable PDF from the NHPCO Marketplace by calling 1-800-646-6460.
- Palliative Care Resource Series – Download professional educational resources for hospice and palliative care professionals working with life-limiting illnesses.
- Pediatric Pain Assessment – Proper pain assessment is the cornerstone for proper pain treatment. Here are commonly used age and developmental stage specific guidelines for pediatric pain assessment.
- NHPCO’s Pediatric Facts and Figures – This 2015 version provides an overview of the landscape of pediatric palliative and hospice care for providers, policymakers, funders, and the media.
- NHPCO’s Marketplace – Search for books and technical materials for or about pediatrics/children by typing: “For children,” “Childhood,” or “Pediatrics” in the search area