Welcome to the Quality Partners Self-Assessment system.
The Self-Assessments are an integral component of Quality Partners, which provides you with a framework for quality in hospice and palliative care. The Quality Partners Self-Assessments are based on NHPCO’s Standards of Practice for Hospice Programs. Since the Self-Assessments are based on the Standards of Practice, any hospice provider member can use them, regardless of size, location, or organizational structure.
Must-Read Information Before you Enter the Self-Assessment System:
- You will need your organization’s Provider ID and password – which NHPCO assigned to your organization. This Provider ID and password are not the same as your individual member ID/password. The Provider ID and password are linked to your hospice and are used only to enter the DART system.
- Member Services can assist with Provider ID and password questions, contact them at 800/646-6460.
- Please disable any pop-up-blockers on your computer’s Internet browser or any toolbars such as your Yahoo toolbar, these can be disabled by right clicking on the toolbar and you will be given the option to disable your pop-up blocker.
- As the Self-Assessment system refreshes every hour, please be advised that your results will not be immediately available. Please log-on one hour after you complete a component to access your report.
- As a safety feature, the system will log you out and your work will not be saved if there is no activity for one hour while the assessment is in progress. Please periodically save your work to retain your answers.
- Remember to always log off the system when you are finished working.
This link will take you to the DART system to begin the Self-Assessment for your hospice.