Signature Events Council
The primary objective of the Council is to execute the signature event initiatives of the National Hospice Foundation.
Staff Contact: Joy Nguyen, 703-647-5167
Expectations of Council
Time Commitment: Approximately 6 meetings a year (a combination of phone an in-person associated with NHPCO conferences) with the frequency changing as event dates approach. Council members are expected to participate actively in a majority of Council meetings. Materials should be read prior to the next meeting. Council members are asked to notify the Staff Liaison if they will not be available for a conference call or meeting.
General Committee Member Expectations:
- Provide leadership and advance philanthropic opportunities for care at the end of life.
- Engage Board of Directors members to increase development opportunities and outcomes.
- Allow National Hospice Foundation to list council member names on invitations and marketing materials.
- Assist in developing theme for events when appropriate.
- Assist in recruiting Master of Ceremonies when appropriate.
- Assist in recruiting corporate sponsors and make personal contact.
- Assist in soliciting auction items.
- Assist in soliciting in-kind/vendor discounts when appropriate.
- Assist in event PR and marketing.
- Provide names and contact information of potential invitees and corporate sponsors. Make personal contact when appropriate.
- Coordinate efforts with other Foundation Councils as appropriate
- Suggest new individuals for Council membership