Hospice Quality Certificate Program
Designed to provide the education needed to thrive in today’s complex healthcare landscape.
Day one covers the basics of healthcare compliance, including a review of the federal hospice regulations, compliance as the foundation of a quality hospice program, and the connection between compliance and quality outcomes. Day two is an intensive day focusing on the nuts and bolts of hospice quality measurement, self-assessment, continuous performance improvement, the federal hospice and quality reporting program, and best practices to apply to your hospice program to ensure high quality patient and family care. If a member has previously attended the two-day Hospice Compliance Certificate Program they only need to attend day two of the Hospice Quality Certificate Program. Please note that this is a certificate based program and not a certification.
- Discuss compliance and federal regulations as the foundation of a quality hospice program.
- Examine the federal hospice regulations as the framework for care within the Medicare Hospice Benefit
- Identify the relationship between compliance, ethics, and hospice quality outcomes.
- Examine the requirements and considerations for a high functioning QAPI program
- Review strategies for self-assessment, performance improvement, and quality outcomes monitoring.
- Discuss the HQR program and strategies for performance improvement.
- Apply learned skills during interactive exercises and application.
- March 23- 24, 2020, 2020 Leadership and Advocacy Conference, National Harbor, MD