Known as the premier resource for advocacy, continuing education, practice sharing, compliance information, and regulatory updates, NHPCO offers hospice organizations the tools and knowledge needed to keep current and competent in a changing healthcare environment.
Value of Hospice Provider Membership:
- Regulatory & Compliance – 22 discrete topic pages ranging from billing and reimbursement to emergency preparedness, in addition to a page dedicated to state specific resources.
- Quality & Outcomes – Tools and resources focused on quality assessment and performance improvement of hospice care. Examples include the NHPCO Staffing Guidelines, Standards of Practice, QAPI Toolkit, and programs like Quality Connections and Project ECHO.
- Advocacy – The Hospice Action Network, NHPCO’s advocacy affiliate organization, is a constant presence on Capitol Hill, ensuring that hospice issues are front and center with federal policymakers. In addition to monitoring relevant legislation, we lead and promote a legislative agenda that preserves and protects the integrity of the hospice benefit, ensures beneficiary access to hospice services, and champions earlier and wider access to care.
- Palliative Care – NHPCO offers members a robust and growing library of resources to support palliative care program development, strengthen clinical practice, and increase understanding of reimbursement.
- Education– A variety of educational offerings with the ability to earn continuing education credits, including an online learning library, an annual webinar series, virtual and in-person conferences, and signature and certificate programs to take you and your organization to the next level.
- Stay Informed – Access NHPCO’s member-only publications: NewsBriefs—a weekly e-newsletter providing a snapshot of relevant and timely news and resources, NewsLine—a quarterly digital magazine including feature articles by leading experts, and Alerts—brief breaking news e-blasts covering Regulatory & Compliance, Quality, and Policy updates.
- Community Outreach – Resources to help improve access to care at the end of life through a variety of program development, education, outreach, and marketing content and strategies.
- MyNHPCO Professional Communities – A professional networking community connecting you with colleagues across the country facing the same challenges you are, allowing you to share your expertise and find solutions through online discussions and resource libraries.
- MSDS Program – NHPCO has partnered with, MSDSonline® to provide an online library of safety data sheets, or SDSs (formerly known as material safety data sheets, or MSDSs).
- Member Advantage Program – The Member Advantage Program creates member discounts and affinity program partnerships with reputable businesses that offer valuable products, programs, and services while offering quality, competitive and/or exclusive member prices.
- Find a Provider Listing -The Find a Provider search makes it easy for patients, families, and referral sources to locate you when looking for care.
- We Honor Veterans – NHPCO’s We Honor Veterans program provides free education, resources, and technical assistance to deliver Veteran-centric care and honor those who have served when they reach the end of life.