Access and Inclusion: Hospice and Nursing Homes
Hospice and Nursing Homes
NHPCO’s Hospice Operations page offers a range of materials for NHPCO Members. Information available includes:
- Questionable Practices by Hospices and Nursing Homes Under Health Care Fraud and Abuse Rules.
- Contracting with a nursing facility: Hospice and Nursing Home/Assisted Living Contracting Toolkit.
- Room & board pass through.
- NHPCO Comments on SNF Benefit.
- CMS Memo on Promising Practices for Implementing the Medicare Hospice Benefit for Nursing Home Resident.
- Skilled Nursing Facility Prospective Payment System Fact Sheet: Medicare Learning Network.
- Medicare long term care state operations manual.
- Life Safety Code.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) links to Life Safety Code compliance requirements. This compliance is necessary for inpatient facilities.
- CMS’s Life Safety Code Compliance.
- OSHA’s Life Safety Code Compliance.