Trauma-Informed End-of-Life Care
NHPCO is committed to ensuring hospice and palliative professionals and volunteers are knowledgeable about trauma-informed end-of-life care and that they practice in manner that actively resists traumatization or re-traumatization of those receiving and providing care. To this end, NHPCO has formed a Work Group to define the term, educate hospice and palliative care professionals and volunteers, and support the provision of trauma-informed end-of-life care.
Resources for Easing Stress and Trauma in Time of COVID-19
- Stress First Aid for Long-Term Care Staff
- COVID-19: Where Doctors Can Get Help for Emotional Distress.
- The Wellness Society’s workbook addressing anxiety in the time of COVID-19.
- The National Center for PTSD continuously posts resources related to COVID-19.
- Ithaca College Gerontology Institute has resources for older adults and caregivers.