National Data Set (NDS)
The 2018 National Data Submission will open May 27 through July 26th, 2019.
The National Data Set represents a comprehensive compilation of often hard to find, and timely data points on hospice operations. This is instrumental in providing industry insights, supporting advocacy efforts, and providing useful benchmarking data to Hospice providers that aids in refining strategic goals, setting operational targets and staffing levels, and improving care delivery. This data includes information on:
- Who provides care;
- Who receives care;
- Where care is provided;
- The range and quality of hospice services;
- Staffing Levels:
- And other important demographic, cost, and payer data
Where else can you get timely industry data beyond your own operational systems?
A free copy of the results will be made available to all survey participants and NHPCO members who complete the survey. In addition, the NHPCO will raffle off the following highly valued gifts for those who complete the survey before the deadline. Some gifts will be for those who submit early responses—so get them in soon. Gifts include the following:
- 1 free pass to the NHPCO IDC
- Two Individual free passes to the NHPCO Virtual Conference in July
- Two $200 Gift Vouchers to the NHPCO Marketplace
- 1 hour of free consulting with either Judi Lund Person or Jennifer Kennedy
- 1 Free Registration Pass to the 2020 LAC Conference
Note: only 1 gift per organization winner.
- For more information please read this informative NewsLine article: The National Summary of Hospice Care – So Much is in the Details
Step One – Data Collection
- 2018_NDS_Data_Survey Use this document link to help you organize and collect data before you enter it into the survey system. This will help save time and minimize data entry challenges.
- To submit data, please scroll down to Step 2 and click on “Enter Data Here” to log in. The survey is open to all hospice providers regardless of NHPCO membership.
Step Two – Data Submission
There is no fee to participate—only your time to collect and report your data.
You can access the Survey through the NHPCO DART SYSTEM or click on the “Enter Data Here” Link below.
If you have difficulty logging in with your DART ID and Password for your hospice, please contact NHPCO Solutions Center at 1-800-646-6460. If you have questions or problems with the link or survey please email: email@example.com
The Survey will only be open from May 27th through July 26th!
Note: If you’re coming back to edit your responses, you must use the link provided at the end of your survey or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Editing cannot be accessed through DART.
Step Three – Reports
Survey results will be made available to the contact, provider id, and verified email provided in the survey.
Questions regarding the NDS survey, data collection, or data submission can be sent to NDS@nhpco.org.