Council of States
The Council of States is a forum of leaders that promotes and enhances quality end-of-life care through state and national activities as a council of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Strengthen NHPCO and COS members and the relationships between them.
- Identify key issues that are of concern to NHPCO and/or COS members.
- Facilitate communication between NHPCO and member state organizations.
- Assist in the collection, exchange, and dissemination of information on end-of-life issues.
- Alert NHPCO and COS members to emerging critical issues and work together in crafting solutions.
- Provide a grass roots arm to extend the reach of NHPCO to the state level and to extend the reach of COS members to NHPCO.
- Establish vehicles for partnering/partnerships between the states and NHPCO on appropriate projects.
- Identify and fulfill educational needs of COS members.
- Participate in the development of NHPCO’s strategic direction, policies, and activities, through Board of Directors and Committee representation.