The primary objective of the Council is to execute the philanthropic initiatives of NHPCO and NHF, including the annual National Hospice Foundation Gala.
The Council application is open until September 30, 2020.
The Council provides leadership and advances philanthropic opportunities for care at the end of life.
General Committee Member Expectations:
- Engage Board of Directors members to increase development opportunities and outcomes.
- Assist in recruiting individual and corporate donors, provide names and contact
information, and make personal contact when appropriate.
- Make thank you calls and steward major donors.
- Assist in developing creative cultivation and stewardship initiatives.
- Assist in soliciting auction items, in-kind and vendor discounts for the gala.
- Allow NHPCO to list council member names on invitations and marketing materials for the gala.
- Assist in developing theme for events when appropriate.
- Assist in recruiting Master of Ceremonies when appropriate.
- Assist in event PR and marketing.
- Coordinate efforts with other Councils/Committees as appropriate.
- Suggest new individuals for Council membership.
Full Council member expectations can be found in the Guidelines for Committees and Councils.
Any employee or volunteer of a Provider, Palliative Care, State, or Associate member of NHPCO is eligible to serve on a Committee or Council.Individuals must meet the membership eligibility requirement based on the membership status of their employer. Individuals not belonging to one of these categories may be eligible to serve on a Council upon approval by NHPCO’s Leadership. NHPCO membership information is available at www.nhpco.org/membership or by calling NHPCO’s Solutions Center at 800/646-6460.
Contact: Alex Slippen, 571-412-3951