End-of-Life Doula Council
The End-of-Life Doula (EOLD) Advisory Council provides information and resources to NHPCO, its members, affiliated organizations, and the general public to promote awareness and understanding of the end-of-life doula role.
It also educates those constituents on the benefits of doulas for dying people and their families, guides them on incorporating doulas into existing services, and informs them on how they can access outside doula providers.
As part of its mandate, the Council will create presentations for NHPCO events; webinars for members and consumers; written materials, and website resources. In an effort to measure the impact of including doulas in end of life care, the Council also makes recommendations for research projects that can produce quantitative and qualitative results. This is a working Council that requires 4-5 hours of your time monthly to participate in projects. In addition, there is a one-hour meeting each month.
EOL Doula Council Projects and Information
- EOL Doula Council Free COVID-19 Grief Support Project. Learn more here.
- What are End of Life Doulas? Read more here.
- Download our Doula FAQ page
- Exploring the End of Life Doula Role – a helpful article.
- End of Life Doula Advisory Council Webinar – September 19, 2019 Webinar Recording and the Webinar PowerPoint handout
EOL Doula Blog Series – beginning May 2021
- “Her Last Rodeo” by Erin Collins, posted 05/04/21.
Full Council member expectations can be found in the Guidelines for Committees and Councils.