Steering Committee Service
Serving on a MyNHPCO Community Steering Committee provides an unprecedented national leadership opportunity for hospice and palliative care professionals. If you want to participate in your discipline’s professional development; contribute to the advancement of hospice and palliative care; meet, network and learn from leaders in the field, Steering Committee involvement is for you!
The Nominating Committee will review all applications, then recommend new Steering Committee members for each Community. This process takes several weeks and you can expect to hear from NHPCO when it is completed.
The term of service for a Steering Committee member is three years. If you are selected to serve on your Community Steering Committee, your term will begin when you are appointed. An individual who meets all requirements and responsibilities is eligible to serve two terms.
To apply, please visit the Professional Community of your choice in MyNHPCO to begin the application to its Steering Committee.
Contact Donald Cook at email@example.com with questions regarding steering committee service.
- Active participation in a MyNHPCO Community, two years participation is preferred.
- Affiliation with National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) Provider, Associate or State Organization member (Note: Only one (1) person from any NHPCO member can serve on the steering committee of a particular community at the same time)
- Demonstrated interest and experience in hospice and palliative care
- Support of NHPCO Standards of Practice for Hospice Programs
- Demonstrated experience, educational expertise and primary career focus in Community discipline
- Demonstrated leadership in national and/or state end-of-life care initiatives
- Provide leadership, representation and serve as MyNHPCO resource
- Actively participate in 75% of Steering Committee meetings/functions (most occur by phone)
- Serve on NHPCO committees as requested
- Learn about NHPCO products and services in order to serve as a resource to MyNHPCO members
- Participate in Community Chat Sessions (as applicable)
- Participate in and respond to egroups (at my.nhpco.org) for MyNHPCO Community inquires/comments
- Work collaboratively with other Community members on subcommittees or special projects (as applicable)
- Attend Community Meetings at national conferences whenever possible and assist where needed with MyNHPCO activities
- Contribute articles and provide suggestions and input to the Insights
- Perform other related tasks as they arise, representing MyNHPCO Communities and NHPCO
- Promote MyNHPCO membership